In order to fully protect their property interests in the implementation of transportation and to ensure compensation for damages from injury or damage to goods during transportation, it is necessary to insure your cargo.
Reimbursed losses from damage or total loss of all or part of the cargo that had occurred for any reason, except as provided below:
- Confiscation, requisition, seizure or destruction of the goods at the request of military or civil authorities.
- Direct or indirect effects of nuclear energy.
- Intent of the Insured or the Beneficiary (their representatives), as well as due to an intentional violation of established rules for the transport of goods.
- Inappropriate packaging of goods, as well as the shipment in a damaged condition.
- Delays in delivery.
- Special properties and natural quality of goods.
- Shortage of goods, differences in the weighting in the absence of insurance covered the event.
Service, cargo insurance can now take advantage of directly ordering the carriage through the cooperation of insurance companies and shipping companies. In the West, the need for cargo insurance for shipments already, no one raises questions. It insures more than ninety percent of the cargo. In Russia, the culture of insurance is just beginning to emerge, however, today the implementation of the supply of foreign cargo insurance is often a prerequisite for the contract.
Terms of insurance depends on several factors:
- Characteristics of the cargo and the conditions of its transportation.
- The volume of traffic and type of transport used.
- The need to overload, transshipment and temporary storage.
- Freight routes.
- Extent of liability of the insurer.
The cost of insurance for the client includes the real value of the goods. Validity of insurance covers the entire period from the loading of cargo at the starting point and ending with a direct delivery to the recipient.